Tuesday, October 11, 2011

National Coming Out Day Rainbow Wrap

As most of you probably know, today is National Coming Out Day. In accordance with this important event, John and Scott decided that, in full support of the LGBTQ community, we would celebrate with a themed Leo's dish. I decided upon a Rainbow Wrap to reflect the recognized rainbow flag of the community.

Unfortunately there are literally zero foods that are naturally blue (blueberries and blue corn are more purple-ish), and besides, you definitely can't find them in Leo's. Instead, I made sure to get myself a Mr. Blue to drink alongside this meal.

The ingredients in the wrap, in order (which is super important, even if the staff member gets mad at you) are:

Tomatoes
Carrots
Corn
Spinach
Cucumbers
Black Beans (closest I could get to blue)
Red Onions

I topped it off with a bit of Italian dressing.



On a more generalized note, I would like to stress that color contrast is extremely important when creating any type of wrap. Also, be careful of the extreme overpowering flavor of Feta cheese, but I support the incorporation of corn and black beans. 

Also today was Leo's attempted celebration of Oktoberfest, which was iffy at best. Though I sorta enjoyed the pretzels, and the chocolate dipped banana was quite good, I was unable to find the rootbeer kegs that were promised...

No comments:

Post a Comment