Friday, April 15, 2011

Fruit-on-the-bottom Yogurt

I must preface this by explaining how my mother has eaten Dannon Coffee Yogurt for breakfast nearly every morning since before I was born. She was furious when they dropped from 8 oz. to 6, and even got a voucher for some free yogurt when she complained about the consistency of several containers. Thus, I always tried to eat yogurt, but could never really get too into it. However, I do know the value of the "Fruit on the Bottom!" types, and the surprising sweet deliciousness of getting bits of fruit with your yogurt. It was that experience that led  me to this O'Donnovation. Admittedly, it's not very difficult, or even different from our other yogurt parfait. But there are a few options to vary it, and it was quite delicious.

Ingredients:
Fruit (from near waffles, or other fruit station)
Plain Yogurt
Granola
Honey

The only truly revolutionary part of this is the use of new fruit. This morning, I went with the strawberry topping by the waffles. It helps to get as little syrup as possible and as much fruit. However, you can also use the applesauce there, or even the peaches from the regular fruit station. Put this in your bowl first, and top it with plain yogurt. Sprinkle with granola, drizzle with honey, (less since the fruit is already sweet) and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment